Hangloose Bluewater FAQs
We are open 7 days a week:
Until July 16th we are open 10am – 6pm
From July 17th and throughout the Summer will open 10am to 7pm.
The minimum age is 8 years old.
The minimum weight is 40kg – we have a 5kg weighted vest so can take people weighing 35kg. Please Note: If there is a head wind it might increase the minimum weight on certain days.
Max weight: 120kg (Please note that the maximum weight can be reduced at anytime for safety reasons, particularly if there is a tail wind).
You must fall within our operating weight and height limits. Harnesses and safety equipment must fit properly. You will be weighed.
Participants under 16 must have a parent or guardian (over 18) remain onsite.
Ideally you will book online in advance here.
You can try turning up without a booking, but there is no guarantee you will be able to fly. The calendar on the booking page gives an indication of availability.
- Yes, in fact we encourage it.
- Your friends and family can meet you at the landing area, just ask a member of staff and they will direct you
- Ask them to bring a camera, it’s the perfect shot!
- Appropriate clothing must be worn as determined by the instructors.
- Harnesses cannot go against bare skin so please cover shoulders and wear trousers or long shorts.
- Skirts are not allowed.
- We must also insist that shoes are of a closed-toe and flat design and secured appropriately (Eg no sandals, flip flops, high heels etc)
- Please bear in mind that we are an outdoor venue and come dressed appropriately for the weather.
- You’ll get wet!
- Hangloose Bluewater is an outdoor venue and we operate in all weather conditions except for extremely high winds or thunderstorms so please come prepared for wet weather.
- In the rare instance that activities are cancelled by Hangloose Bluewater due to exceptional weather conditions, every effort will be made to contact those that have pre-booked in advance.In these cases another day and time for your experience to take place will be arranged.
We want as many people as possible to create their own Hangloose Adventure. >> Please be aware that our activities are adventurous and do require a certain amount of physical fitness and ability.
We constantly try to improve our facility for everybody
To discuss your requirements in confidence with an instructor please contact us.
- Possibly! we do have a 5kg weighted vest we can use to help them over the limit (but we can only use one vest at a time per person). Otherwise, sadly, we will be unable to accommodate.
- SkyWire has a very strict 40kg minimum weight limit.
- This is due to the natural incline at the end of the wire. If participants don’t meet the minimum weight limit they may not pick up enough speed to reach the other end.
- We are happy for children to participate in our activities alone as long as a parent or guardian over 18 years of age is present on site for the duration of their activities..